Product: AKG K 240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones
Subject: AKG K240 studio headphones
Price: $83.27 ( Retail )
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com
Product Dimensions: 6 x 9.2 x 6 inches
Our Rating: 9 out of 10
AKG K 240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones, a leading brand in headphones used by studios and in-home enthusiast looking for quality and durability.
Designed for comfort and long time wear, AKG K 240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones deliver a cool, comfortable padding that eliminates sweat and ensures consecutive hour usage which is a necessity in the studio business. The Semi-Open design allows audio to be heard clearly without interruption while enabling you to hear others in your immediate vicinity.
55 ohms impedance, plug-in cable, 3 meters in length is included as well and the mini XLR connectors that create a secure fit so the attachment won’t suddenly fail. Signal transmission is clear and uninterrupted. Frequency levels range from 15 Hz – 25kHz to reach an excellent deep bass sound quality while also allowing you to experience the clear highs and lows.
The Good & The Bad
- Excellent sound quality – for the price the AKG K 240 headphones offer as good as or better than a lot of the other pricier headphones on the market today. Not only can will you experience clear highs and mids, the bass is out of the world. Others will not be able to hear your audio unless you max out the volume, but you will be able to hear others clearly that are next to you.
- Comfortable design – Although these headphones surround your head, they are vented so sweating is eliminated allowing for longer wear. The padding and adjustments allow for the perfect seal and fit. A contributing factor in the comfort of the AKG K 240 Semi-Open Headphones is the lightweight design.
- Durability – These headphones are built to last for years with proper care. Not only are these headphones durable but they are sleek and sexy looking, appealing to the eye.
- Connector and Cable – Detachable cable is included and it allows flexibility with the length. The cable is also made with a 99.9% copper-free material and the gold-plated audio jacks maintain a good connection without slipping or breaking free, allowing for uninterrupted use.
- Cost – Compared to other headphones on the market, these are reasonably priced and offer a lot of bang for the buck, which includes quality.
- Some sound leakage – Although the semi design can contain most of the audio without leakage, it’s not 100% leak free, especially if you turn the volume up to the max. If you are listening at regular levels you should be fine.
- Ear cup fit – Some complain about the ear cup fit, they say it’s overwhelming and not as adjustable as they would like. The snug fit is designed for sound isolation and intended that way but some do not appreciate that quality.
Who Are These Headphones Designed For?
The AKG K 240 Semi-Open Headphones are for use in studios as a professional piece of equipment. Those enveloped in the world of movie producing, music studios, and some home enthusiast dabbling in the realm of recording or video productions. They are not particularly designed for the amateur or children, and are not designed for use during travel such as regular ear phones.
Our Final Opinion on the AKG K 240 Semi-Open Headphones
After weighing the pros and cons of the AKG K 240 headphones, I have come to the conclusion that there really isn’t a perfect pair of headphones that everyone will agree 100% on. However, if you consider all that you are getting for the price, they would be something worth trying out. You are not losing out on much money.
More expensive elaborate headphones are available but if you can get everything you are looking for then why go those routes, especially if you are new in the business just starting out.
This company is very reputable and experienced. They have been in the industry of creating headphones for years, and maintaining numerous positive reviews on their products.
US Visitors – CLICK HERE To Take Advantage of Amazon’s Special Discount And Free Shipping On The AKG K 240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones
UK Visitors – CLICK HERE To Take Advantage of Amazon’s Special Discount And Free Shipping On The AKG K240STUDIO Professional Headphones
We hope you enjoyed this AKG K 240 Review and if you have any questions about the camera or want to leave your own personal review, leave a comment in the section below.