Product: Fancierstudio Light Kit 3 Point DK3B
Subject: Fancierstudio Light Kit
Package Height: 8.5 x 8.6 x 32.3 inches
Price: $49.95 ( Retail )
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com
Our Rating: 9 out of 10
This triple lighting kit from Fancierstudio represents a fantastic choice for beginners and professionals alike. With the inclusion of a comprehensive array of equipment, from light stands to quality umbrellas, this is perfect for anyone looking setup a home studio on a budget.
The 50 dollars for this kit buys you three fluorescent light bulbs, two white umbrellas and three light stands.
Three AC adapters with sufficiently long leads are included to power the fluosrescent lighting. To top it off, a carrying case is provided for easy transportation of the umbrellas.
The included light bulbs are fluorescent-type, rated at 45-watts, which should be sufficient for indoor lighting and non-professional use.
In accordance to industry standard, the two light stands are at approximately 9 feet tall, while the shorter stand for the main light is 4 feet, give or take. The shoot through umbrellas are 32-inches wide to provide quality light dispersion.
The Good & The Bad
- At this price point, a complete kit, and more so a triple lighting kit, is already a bargain. With its comprehensive suite of lamps and stands, it is definitely up among the top in terms of value for money.
- Purchasing this kit negates the need to source for additional parts, and ensures a hassle free studio setup.
- Lamps are excellent for the price, delivering a pleasant white balance and sufficient power for small to large studios.
- As fluorescent bulbs, these are much more energy efficient than incandescent bulbs of comparable brightness.
- The 45-watt rating is on the lower end of the spectrum for larger stages, however, and may necessitate replacement for more demanding usage. Still, there is nothing to complain about, not at this price point.
- The provided umbrellas so their job well enough, softening the hard lighting straight from the lamps. Overall light diffraction is good, providing nice, even lighting.
- The stands are well built and more than makes up for the lamp deficiencies. While it is not quite on par with professional stands that cost well into the hundreds, it feels solid and sits flat on the ground.
- Hinges have the right amount of resistance and they do not feel like they will break anytime soon.
- The connectors are of ‘decent quality’ and will last a long time with proper treatment. They are not extremely heavy duty, but then again you are getting three standard height, metal stands, along with all the lamps and umbrellas. In fact, these stands alone makes the fifty-dollar asking price worth it.
Who is This Product For?
The Fancierstudio light kit should defintely be on the lists of amateur and beginner photographers, as well as the serious hobbyist.
With its inclusion of practically all required equipment down to the adapters, this makes a good starting point for anyone looking to get into camera work. Set it up and you have a decent, fully functional studio that does everything a professional kit does, only not quite as well.
Upgradability is also important, and here the kit delivers. With the lamps as the key shortcoming of the kit, it is easily upgraded into a much higher quality set by buying three higher quality light sources, while reusing the stands.
Compared to ambient or basic indoor lighting, this kit is far ahead, offering significantly more even illumination with three-point lighting. For aspiring online content makers, this will make a huge difference to the overall production quality of your content.
The Fancierstudio Light Kit 3 offers a high quality studio setup at an accessible price point. For first-timers, you can hardly go wrong with this kit, considering its guilt-free pricing and lack of significant faults.
With a matching backdrop, you can certainly create a full-featured home studio that puts your makeshift lighting to shame.
The stands are relatively lightweight and can be moved around easily for quick experimentation, making this perfect for personal use. Ultimately, those looking to buy this product should maintain realistic expectations, considering its price point.
Where it is situated in the under-hundred range, it will do everything you need, just at a slightly lower quality. To put things in perspective, the average professional 3-point lighting kit comes in at approximately five hundred dollars.
Not to imply the equipment in this kit are flimsy or prone to breaking. They are just one notch below professional level, and will nevertheless satisfy most typical home studio demands and them some. With a bit of proper care and maintenance, this kit will continue to serve you for a long time.
We hope you enjoyed our Fancierstudio Light Kit review and if you have any questions about the product or want to leave your own personal review, please leave a comment in the section below.