Product: FILMCITY DSLR Shoulder Rig FC-02 Kit with Camera Cage & Matte box
Subject: The Best DSLR Shoulder Rig
Price: $156.00 ( Retail )
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com (Click Here!)
Our Rating: 9 out of 10
Looking for a high quality rig that doesn’t cost the earth? In this review we’re going to take a look at the Filmcity Shoulder Rig – a popular DSLR rig that many filmmaking enthusiasts are raving about.
This has all the features you would want in a quality rig but the cost is very reasonable. The following is a quick overview to give you an idea what this product is all about.
We’ll also take a look at some of the pros and cons so you can see for yourself if this is the product for you.
The FILMCITY DSLR Shoulder Rig FC-02 Kit comes with a matte box and 9 inch camera cage, an adjustable shoulder pad for more comfortable use, and your equipment can be securely mounted to a tripod with the quick release plate.
The counter weight increases stability and provides more solid balance – no more vibrations or unnecessary movement.
The soft grip top handle makes it easier to do handheld shooting without getting tired. It comes with a universal base plate so is suitable for most DV, HDV or DSLR cameras.
The Good & The Bad
- Looks pretty slick – even if you’re new to film making you’re going to look like a professional with this bit of gear!
- Coming in at less than $200 this is a relatively cheap shoulder rig, but don’t let the price fool you – it has everything you could possibly need in a decent rig.
- Comes with a lot of accessories and is user friendly enough that you can add your own too.
- It’s suitable for most DSLR, DV and HDV cameras.
- The FilmCity shoulder rig is strong but light and easy to use.
- You can customize it, and if you know what you’re doing you don’t have to exactly stick to the instruction book. It is compatible with many other accessories that are easily mountable to your rig.
- Easy to assemble – the instructions are pretty straightforward, but if you’re having any problems just have a look on YouTube as there are some videos there that demonstrate assembly.
- Many user reviews state that this is THE best shoulder rig for the money, and after extensive research into the different rigs on the market we’re inclined to agree (we recommend checking them out for yourself on Amazon). The features that you get with this offer some serious bang for your buck.
Reviewers mentioned a few tiny niggles, but for the most part reviews are very positive and there weren’t any major cons to be aware of.
The following are just a few things mentioned that could have been improved on, but don’t really affect the overall quality and functionality of the rig:
- Shoulder pad isn’t as comfortable as it could be – you could replace this pretty easily with a better one if you find it’s not for you.
- Some of the rig is made from plastic to keep it light and portable – although this is not an issue as it is very sturdy (the necessary parts are made from metal) some people do mention that the handlebars could be better quality. Again you could upgrade these if you really wanted to.
- You need to tighten the screws on the matte box very well or the pieces can get loose.
- Follow Focus is not included (but can be purchased separately).
Who is This Product For?
This rig is suitable for anyone with a DSLR camera who wants to try their hand at filmmaking. This is suitable for amateurs, professional filmmakers and anyone in between who wants to produce a high quality film using a highly functional, good quality and professional looking rig.
Is this the best DSLR shoulder rig on the market? Well it’s definitely up there with the best and is one to consider if you’re in the market for a cheap shoulder rig that costs less than $200.
The user reviews are majority 4 and 5 star and the general consensus is that for the price, you’re getting a pretty awesome deal.
Not only that, but many reviewers who purchased on Amazon commented on the fast delivery and the excellent customer service provided by the company.
Check it out for yourself – we think you’ll be impressed!
We hope you enjoyed our FILMCITY DSLR Shoulder Rig FC-02 Kit review and if you have any questions about the product or want to leave your own personal review, please leave a comment in the section below.