Product: Samson SASR850C Professional Studio Reference Open Back Headphones
Type of Headphones: Professional Open Back
Our Rating: 8 out of Ten
Samson SASR850C Professional Studio Reference Open Back Headphones – Product Overview
The best open back headphones for filmmakers don’t necessarily have to be the most expensive ( isn’t that a relief! ).
Most of the ‘big players’ in the audio industry cater for the sightly poorer professional and more often than not their budget products are very impressive.
This is the case with the Samson SASR850C – a relatively low priced option for professional headphones. The open back design offers maximum isolation of sound and great detail to the listener.
They offer a fantastic listening solution for newbie musicians, sound engineers and general music enthusiasts alike.
The Good & The Bad
- Very wide wide dynamic range provided by the 50 mm drivers
- A 10hz-30khz frequency response
- Maximum isolation achieved by the open backed design
- Self adjusting headband for a secure and comfortable fit no matter where you are
- Comes with a 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch gold plated adapter
- Fantastic value due to it’s very reasonable price
- Need to be put through a “burn-in” period – sound a little “muddy” and bass-heavy when you first get them
- I found the ear cups to be a little irritating in hot weather due to sweat
- They have a tendency to leak sound if played at extreme levels ( this may irritated the person next to you when in use! )
Who Are The Samson SASR850C Professional Studio Reference Open Back Headphones For?
As I mentioned above these Samson headphones are an exceptional choice for newcomers to audio engineering, new musicians and independent filmmakers.
I wouldn’t usually recommend anything this ‘budget’ when it comes to audio engineering but these are easily as effective as the Sony V6 Headphones ( that happen to cost twice the price! ).
Our Final Opinion on The Samson SASR850C Professional Studio Reference Open Back Headphones
So it seems the best open back headphones don’t necessarily have to be the most expensive ones. The Samson SASR850C Professional Studio Reference Open Back Headphones are quite a bargain!
I tested them over a variety of music styles from the 70’s, 80’s, to 90’s and onward and they were impressive with every one.
The ‘burning in’ period happens with a lot of audio equipment so it’s nothing out of the blue. It took about two hours for the headphones to really start kicking at me with the high end burning through.
The screw on gold connector is of a high quality and the cable is thankfully very long ( I hate it when the cables are to short! ).
If You Are Looking For The Best Open Back Headphones on a Budget Then Look no Further: