Product: Rode NTG 2 Condenser Shotgun Microphone
Type of Microphone: Condenser Shotgun Mic
Our Rating: 8.5 Out of Ten
Rode NTG 2 Condenser Shotgun Microphone – Product Overview
The Rode NTG 2 is a highly effective and affordable option for professional applications within the film, video, television, and production industries. It boasts a narrow supercardioid pickup pattern, excellent off-axis rejection, lightweight handling and an internal AA battery power option.
Over the last couple of decades Rode microphones have become big players within the film industry – the Rode NTG 2 Condenser Shotgun Microphone carries on this tradition…
The Good & The Bad
- Very lightweight aiding ease of use
- An inexpensive option compared to similar products out there
- It offers broadcast quality recording
- It comes fitted with an integral low-pass filter
- It has very low handling noise
- Has the option to run on a single AA battery
- It is housed in a rugged metal chassis – very durable for field work
- The frequency response is tailored specifically for broadcast and film
- High humidity and bitter cold MAY effect performance in extreme cases
- The polar pattern was not so tight as to reject all crowd noise
Who is The Rode NTG 2 Condenser Shotgun Microphone For?
The Rode NTG 2 is suitable for filmmakers of all levels but many indie filmmakers prefer it due to it’s reasonable price.
It is the perfect choice of mic for newcomers to the industry that are looking for phenomenal video quality in a compact package.
If you do not have Phantom Power on your devices then the NTG 2 is an excellent choice due to the option to run on a single AA battery.
If you are a little hesitant on shelling out the big bucks for the top of the range options this is an excellent alternative.
Our Final Opinion on The Rode NTG 2 Condenser Shotgun Microphone
This microphone is the perfect economical solution for ALL indie filmmakers. It is a well designed microphone that is suited to a range of professional applications and situations.
We were very surprised at how rugged the product was as we did have a little ‘accident’ whilst testing it indoors. After clumsily letting it slip from my hand onto thinly cushioned flooring it remained in tact and worked flawlessly afterwards.
The mic itself weighs just 5.17 ounces which makes it fantastic attached to a handheld camera or affixed to the end of a boom.
Take Action And Discover The Rode NTG 2 Today: